»Y Balance Test
As an integral part of Functional Movement Systems, the Y Balance Test is a thoroughly researched, yet easy way to test a person’s motor control as well as demonstrate functional symmetry. The Y Balance Test allows us to quarter the body and look at how the core and each extremity function under bodyweight loads.
The Y Balance Test Protocol was developed through years of research in injury prevention and identification of motor control changes that occur after injury. This device and protocol are highly accurate and can be used for measuring pre and post rehabilitation performance, improvement after performance enhancement programs, dynamic balance for fitness programs, and return to sport readiness.
»Y Balance Test Online Certification
Following this course, you should be able to…
- Describe the history of the Y Balance Test.
- Learn how to administer a Y Balance Test.
- Understand and interpret the scoring system.
- Describe the research relating to the Star Excursion Balance Test with regard to injury prediction, identification of chronic ankle injury and ACL deficiency, and functional testing.
- Identify the important aspects of the Y Balance Test™ protocol and related reliability research.
- Understand the use of the Y Balance Test™ in the comprehensive care of the client, athlete, or patient.