Squat Movement vs. Squat Exercise
Written by Gray Cook Thursday, June 26, 2014 FMS Pod Casts
Question: In your opinion, what is the primary cause of lower extremity external rotation and rear foot pronation during the deep squat pattern?
- This question references a movement pattern
- Weight can make you squat correctly
- Weight can make you exaggerate the problem
- More is known about the squat exercise than the movement pattern
- Crossing parallel when squatting
- Do not bring exercise rules into movement patterns
- The basic collapse in the squat pattern
- Make sure there is no pain during the deep squat
- Pain due to poor movement? Or poor movement due to pain?
- Do not address a stability problem in the presence of a mobility problem
- The body will give up stability in normal joints.
- Identifying a stability problem.
- Possibility of a lost pattern
- IT band dominant squat
- Role of the glut medius