Posted by Brad Papson
The Fundamental Philosophy of FMS
Have you ever wanted to learn more about the background and philosophy of Functional Movement Systems? Do you need help explaining Functional Movement Systems to your colleagues, clients, and patients?
Watch the video above featuring Lee Burton to find out more about the background and philosophy of Functional Movement Systems.
Functional Movement Systems includes:
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Y Balance Test (YBT)
- FMS began with the goal to bridge the gap between pre participation examinations and performance testing.
- The FMS approach takes a look at patterns and how to create efficient and effective movement.
- The Functional Movement Screen is used as an entry point to determine where we need to go based off the information we receive.
- The SFMA is used when an individual has pain as a more detailed way to identify what is causing the movement dysfunction.
- The Y Balance Test is used to further challenge an individual with no significant problems or pain during the Functional Movement Screen.