The Selective Functional Movement Assesment (SFMA) Level 1 Online Course is a self-paced course. The course can be completed from the comfort of your own space, allowing you access as your schedule allows.
The SFMA is our clinical assessment for those who experience pain. It is a movement based diagnostic system which systematically finds the cause of pain - not just the source - by logically breaking down dysfunctional movement patterns in a structured, repeatable assessment. We are the first organized system that takes into account altered motor control – the inability to coordinate proper movements. This system allows us to identify the correct problems - mobility versus motor control – to best equip clinicians for a successful outcome.
Key Course Take-aways
- Proper diagnosis is the first step to effective treatment choices! Invest a little more on the front end to shorten your treatment time.
- Regional interdependence is real - expand your thinking to find the cause of your patient's pain, not just the source of their pain.
- No more assuming - Use the movement-based assessment to identify your patient's exact mobility and motor control limitations.
- Confidently chose the proper intervention after a comprehensive movement diagnosis.
Step beyond the medical diagnosis to make long-term positive changes to your patient's quality of life.
See what other Professionals are saying about the SFMA Level 1 online course!
The layout of the course allowed practice after theory which assisted with learning.
- B. White, Australia on 8/31/2023
Being able to pause, rewind, and rewatch. Being able to follow along with the online book. I also appreciated the "real life" examples and seeing how the instructors explained things to the "patients".
- A. Linkhart, US on 7/7/2023
Great material with several good instructors presenting. The additional examples at the end of each section were very helpful. I also enjoyed the online format. The opportunity to start/ stop the lecture, review as needed, and go at my own pace added value to the experience.
- M. Clemson, US on 3/12/2023
I really enjoyed the reasoning behind why the SFMA was created. It was really eye opening to see how one proglem can lead to the other. I wish I could have known the breakouts before my first clinical, but I plan on using this for my future profession of Physical Therapy.
- M. Smothers, US on 1/1/2023