- How do we progress from start to finish? Case study of a 16 year old cross country athlete (trained over the past 2 years)
- Plagued with common runners injuries
- Multiple asymmetries in Functional Movement Screen
- Unable to perform dead lift, push up, or pull up
- Training sessions began with corrective exercises to address her Functional Movement Screen.
- After ensuring mobility was maintained, more stability was introduced before moving into a vertical stance.
- The program eventually introduced the athlete to squatting and was able to progress to a loaded overhead squat.
- Athlete was screened every 2-3 months
- Most recent Functional Movement screen was 17 with no asymmetries.