- The toe touch progression allows you to break a pattern in which the body and brain do not fully connect in the forward bending pattern.
- If the central nervous system is not functioning properly, corrective strategy will not get integrated (address the pattern at some point).
- Both the toe up and heel up toe touches cause weight shifting, reciprocal inhibition, and patterning. It makes you less dependent on the muscles of the leg to keep you up and more dependent on the core.
- Heavy impact activities will cause you to lose the effect much quicker than if you were to do slow, controlled movements first. “The system, if jarred, will reset back to its default.”
- “The toe touch progress works because you challenge a pattern.”